Monday 8 April 2013

Open sky, a shelter

I don't know who I am

I don't know where I'm going.
I don't remember the day I got here
But I remember the day you arrived.

The signs advised me
The signs warned me
But the universe and my heart didn't help. 
And here we are, standing on the same splitter that much water flow into.
So many doubts and certainties
The same place where so many people loved each other.
And we live here, in the open sky
but you are my refuge,
The reason for every smile.

I don't belong anywhere
I don't know of my family tree
And I have no answer.
I can't explain the reason for my delay
I can't explain why I can't go
You became my heart, my tree, my soul, my place
the translation of each song.
You became each memory
and here,
and now.

Just one love
But any representation of my trajetory.
Probably a pain
But a happiness, for sure.
I don't know how to sleep,
I don't know how to describe this feeling,
Don't know where I'm going.

I do not remember the day I arrived here
But I remember the day you arrived.

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Carolina! As always you have a gift with words that capture the frailties if the heart. Bravo Caro! I used to say I don't know where I am going but I am on my way. Sometimes we must ask others if they wish to join us. Hugs

    ReplyDelete